Benefits of Invisalign Over Metal Braces In Monkton
If you have ever wanted a straight, beautiful smile but were wary of traditional braces, there are other solutions for teeth straightening. One option is Invisalign braces available at our Monkton dentist office. Though each system has its advantages, when you put each system side to side, Invisalign vs braces, it’s easy to see why Invisalign braces are the better choice for straightening teeth.
What is the difference between Invisalign and Braces?
- Invisalign braces have no metal. They are made from plastic aligner trays, so there is no metal to cut and scar your gums and the inside of your mouth. Traditional braces are made from metal. The metal braces have metal brackets and metal wires–all of which can cut and scar the soft tissues in your mouth.
- The Invisalign braces system for straightening teeth makes it very easy to keep your mouth clean. You simply remove the Invisalign aligner trays, brush and floss, then put the the trays back in. Traditional braces for straightening teeth are hard to maneuver around to make sure your teeth are clean. Flossing is very difficult around metal braces.
- Invisalign braces are invisible. Nobody knows you are wearing them, so you can laugh, smile and have your photo taken with confidence. Traditional braces are less attractive and very obvious.
- Invisalign braces for straightening teeth are far less painful. There is some slight discomfort when you put in new aligners and the initial getting used to them period does present some slight challenges. However, Invisalign braces use a gradual, consistent adjustment so there is no jarring pain, but usually very little discomfort, if any at all. Traditional braces use a system that tightens the wires every few weeks. So the pain is quite jarring, over and over.
- Invisalign braces usually take less time than traditional braces.
Experience The Comfort and Effectiveness of Invisalign!
When comparing Invisalign vs braces for straightening teeth, Monkton dentist Dr. Longenecker and his caring, well-trained team think you might agree that Invisalign is the better choice. Call today for more information or to get you on your way to the smile of your dreams if you are in the Parkton – Sparks MD area!