So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s a cost-effective way to enhance your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things Hereford Dental Health – Craig Longenecker DDS recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you determine which protocol is best for you.
- It is important to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening protocol chosen, your teeth can be whitened three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative method is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this method may take longer, it is more economical and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either technique can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may take place. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Hereford Dental Health – Craig Longenecker DDS if it lasts longer.
Hereford Dental Health – Craig Longenecker DDS offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including restorative dentistry, porcelain veneers, dental implants, and Invisalign. At Hereford Dental Health – Craig Longenecker DDS, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.
Contact Hereford Dental Health – Craig Longenecker DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):