The desire to prevent dental cavities is one of the main reasons individuals visit their local dentists. This is because cavities can have a serious impact on your oral health in Parkton. Today we are going to talk about 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. A dentist can usually tell if you have cavities when tiny openings arise on the surface of the tooth, permanently damaging it. These little holes are what we call cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are frequent eating and consuming sugary beverages. Oral bacteria and poor dental hygiene can also result in cavities. Be sure to eat healthily and to pay attention to your oral health in Parkton.
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you see any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to request an appointment and potentially receive a dental crown.
4. Cavities are more common among young children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions. You can get a cavity at any age.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, abstain from frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Monkton area, give Hereford Dental Health – Craig Longenecker DDS a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Monkton since 1998. Furthermore, we use a variety of general and cosmetic dentistry services to help our patients improve their oral health in Parkton. We look forward to helping you.